No announcement yet.

Why do my icbm's not work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can see the explosion in the fog-of-war area. I just tested it again. It reveals a few tiles around the target.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
      You can see the explosion in the fog-of-war area. I just tested it again. It reveals a few tiles around the target.
      Hmm. I did not see the explosion in the fog-of-war area in my test. Do you have to have the graphics turned up all the way? I have them on the lowest setting.
      Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

Are you sure that the missile actually went off? Your message may have indicated it was intercepted.

Nuke an empty piece of water that you can't see.

Comment

talking about nukes, did you know that putting several of them together in a group has a multiple effect? try to combine 10 ICBMs and see what kind of cloud comes out! covers the whole continent
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

It doesn't have any effect except on the graphics.

Comment

can we get a mod that nukes can make a Godzilla/Rodan?
              I don't know what I've been told!
              Deirdre's got a Network Node!
              Love to press the Buster Switch!
              Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

I posted about this a while back. http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=142142

I never found a really satisfactory answer to the behavior of nukes, but I'll admit my research wasn't exactly thorough.
                Sometimes, If my spy stole war plans (letting me see all the enemy's cities) I would be then able to launch, sometimes not. Sometimes I could nuke a city I didn't have a line of sight into, sometimes not.
                There weren't any friendly or neutral units in the city area in the cases where I was able to see into them, so that was not a factor.

Comment

wrong- the graphic effect is multiplied by the number of ICBMs you used, while the bomb effect is concentrated on the city itself and the surrounding tiles
                  I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

It seems to me that it is far easier to target a tile next to the city. Indeed, if you want to smother the enemy in fallout, you may want to adjust your targeting to make that happen.

I was fighting a war against the Romans and the Russians, and if I'd had a few more missiles I could have made their entire continent glow
                    O'Neill: I'm telling you Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it.

Lose it. It means, Go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WACKO!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                      Are you sure that the missile actually went off? Your message may have indicated it was intercepted.

Nuke an empty piece of water that you can't see.
                      Well, I sure think it went off. Next game I'll have to do it again, I must be mistaken...
                      Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

Originally posted by Mace
                        Hmm. I did not see the explosion in the fog-of-war area in my test. Do you have to have the graphics turned up all the way? I have them on the lowest setting.
                        Do you have "Quick Moves" turned on? I think that eliminates the explosion graphic.
                        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                        X