Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can send people to space but not tunnel through a mountain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can send people to space but not tunnel through a mountain?

I'm in the middle of a game where me empire spans both sides of an isthmus which is blocked by mountains.
    It's highly inconvenient. I think it's just silly that I can eventually split an atom, harness nuclear fusion, and send a spaceship to Alpha Centauri, but I'll never be able to tunnel through a silly little one-peak mountain.

There should be some late technology that enables a new worker action, the tunnel building. It should be costly (ie take many turns), but possible.

Same should be true for channel tunnels, like building a tunnel over one tile wide sea channel (done by a working boat).

Not that I have hopes to see any of these in action. Not in civ4.
    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
    --George Bernard Shaw
    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
    --Woody Allen

Comment

Re: I can send people to space but not tunnel through a mountain?

Originally posted by Kekkonen
      I'm in the middle of a game where me empire spans both sides of an isthmus which is blocked by mountains.
      It's highly inconvenient. I think it's just silly that I can eventually split an atom, harness nuclear fusion, and send a spaceship to Alpha Centauri, but I'll never be able to tunnel through a silly little one-peak mountain.

Gunter

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
        There should be some late technology that enables a new worker action, the tunnel building. It should be costly (ie take many turns), but possible.
        Right, some high end tech like dynamit for example...

Comment

That would be nice to have. Not great, but nice.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Todesengel

Right, some high end tech like dynamit for example...

Gunter

P.S: I think even helos can't cross mountains, why do Firaxians are so scared by mountains ?

Comment

Working...
            X