Crashes when load and save

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes when load and save

When Im about halfway through the game it begins to crash when im trying to save.same thing when there is an autosave. I have abonded two games because of it. Have firaxis realised a patch that will fix this yet? I wonder becuase they said that they had playtested the game so long but it doesent seem like the playtesters bother that the game crashed all the time and they had to replay lots of turns.

No patches yet despite the rumours. I think this game was tested on a very narrow system setup (and definately not on ATI cards). Is there any specific event trigger that you're noticeing?
    "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

I noticed, that when I do shift-F5 (quick save) and shift-F8 (quick load) too fast after each other, it crashes while loading the quick save. Waiting a few seconds and loading the quick save again works fine, so the file is not corrupted.
      This is most likely, because it hasn't finished writing the whole save game to disk, so it is more a hardware problem than a bug of the program.

Concerning your problem, Jeppson, maybe there is a problem with your disk (bad sectors)?

Comment

I have a very high end computer system. I play on gigantic map wich is bigger than huge. No slowdowns or anything. The game begins to crash after ive played about halfway through the game

Comment

Originally posted by spy14
          No patches yet despite the rumours. I think this game was tested on a very narrow system setup (and definately not on ATI cards). Is there any specific event trigger that you're noticeing?
          It's so easy to talk when you know squat about what actually happened.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
          X