Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cease Fire Negotiation Bug/Exploit (pretty sure)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cease Fire Negotiation Bug/Exploit (pretty sure)

It seems that if you are negotiate a cease fire, you can get all the enemy techs and money. It's very simple to do:

Step 1: Add all the tech and money to the negotiation screen.

Step 2: Ask "What will it take to have peace?" Do NOT ask if they accept the current offer.

In my games a window then comes up saying that you can only add things from one person's side during negotiations, and the AI goes "this is what it will take" (or whatever) and you can then agree to the deal.

I think that the game manually is trying to add things from my side without clearing the current offer. Since I put things on the AI side of the board nothing is added to mine, but I get the above window (indicating, perhaps, that the AI was trying to make a demand of me). Then the AI is willing to accept whatever offer is there, which is for all his tech and money.

Seems to me that all that needs to happen is for them to clear the board before saying what peace will take, and also check the deal before they agree. I think, but I don't remember, that I could add things to the deal after they proposed it and they'd still agree.

Anyhow, it definitely seems like a bug as I doubt all the AIs were willing to give me a tech or three (it happened a few times in one game) after some mild skirmishes.

-Drachasor
    "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Good find. Yes, this has been reported before, but thank you. If you are lucky, you can get your worst enemy to give you all of his money, resources, technology, and even cities for a simple ceasefire. A terrible exploit, and occasionally a hard one to resist! Keep up the good work.

-Arlen

Comment

Working...
    X