X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCC Complaint...

Hey all,

Just thought I'd post an OCC complaint.

Seems there is no way to win Cultural Victory with OCC.

And since Domination and Conquest are pretty much out of the Question, that basically leaves Diplo and Space Race.

I won my first ever OCC victory with about 50 turns remaining.

Of course it was on Settler, but I didn't exactly get prime real estate. I built on the second turn, no reloads. All I did was move along the coast.

Anyway, I was also bummed to find out that there is no Score Bonus for OCC. Had my lowest Score ever, just over 3,000.

Hope this all gets fixed, it was a pretty fun time. I beat it on a normal map in 1 hour and 15 minutes!

I'm a "casual" Civ'er.

Dan O.

Conquest is not out of the question.

You can raze all the cities.

Just takes a while.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I agree, I'm playing a game on noble, where I'm conquering and all my units came from 2 initially founded cities, while I was able to build a lot of wonders in between.

Provided it's not a large map, it's certainly doable.

Comment

I can confirm that you can not get a Cultural win in OCC, as I had my city over the Legendary threshold in one game.

You would have thought that the multiple city requirement might be waived for a Cultural win in OCC because it is for National wonders and for wonders requiring more than one of the same type of building.

OCC has traditionally been a Space Race contest. Can anyone confirm any OCC wins other than by Space Race?

Comment

OCC?
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas
          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

If cultural victories were possible, the required amount would need to be higher due to the concentration of +culture/turn% improvements. Is there any way to check this from the source files?

Comment

Originally posted by Aro
              OCC?
              One City Challenge. A game style discovered hereabouts for Civ 2, also possible in Civ 3, and now actually made into a part of Civ 4. Firaxis.

Comment

Originally posted by solo
                OCC has traditionally been a Space Race contest. Can anyone confirm any OCC wins other than by Space Race?
                I can confirm that a Diplomatic Victory is indeed possible.

That's how I won, somewhere around 2005 though.

There was no way in hell I was going to win Via Space Race.

Sadly, I had no hills in my entire "fat cross".

Dan O.

Comment

Working...
                X