Non-animated leaderheads mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-animated leaderheads mod?

I made a half-assed workaround for my black map problem that I posted in the bug report thread, but it doesn't, of course, apply to the animated leaderheads. Which are still barely functional, weird-looking, and in the case of Elizabeth, downright creepy. Is there a way to replace the leaderheads with static portraits?
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Yes.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

The exactly the most helpful of replies.... ;-)

Cambo

Comment

Edit ..\Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.XML

Code:
        		<[i][/i]LeaderheadArtInfo>
        			<[i][/i]Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_BISMARCK<[i][/i]/Type>
        			<[i][/i]Button>,Art/interface/LeaderHeads/Btn_LH_Germany_Bismark.dds,...,5,13<[i][/i]/Button>
        			<[i][/i]NIF>art/LeaderHeads/Bismarck/bismarck.nif<[i][/i]/NIF>
        			<[i][/i]KFM>art/LeaderHeads/Bismarck/bismarck.kfm<[i][/i]/KFM>
        			<[i][/i]NoShaderNIF>art/LeaderHeads/Bismarck/bismarck_noshader.nif<[i][/i]/NoShaderNIF>
        			<[i][/i]BackgroundKFM>art/LeaderHeads/Bismarck/bismarck_bg.kfm<[i][/i]/BackgroundKFM>
        		<[i][/i]/LeaderheadArtInfo>
        can be a dds (say the leaderhead

Comment

That XML is a bear to include in posts. Is there a way to get it to easily display correctly? At least I learned about

Comment

Replacing the dumb videos with static pictures would be an awesome idea. This would probably allow me to play without significant video lag for a much longer time.

Has anyone tried just leaving the tag empty?

i.e. replace filename with
            Last edited by evizaer; November 13, 2005, 00:38.

Comment

Yeah, replacing them is easy, it accepts a 256x256 or 512x512 dds file in that spot. It might even accept higher quality images but I haven't tested that. I made a mod with performance in mind that changes all the animated leaderheads into static pictures of them. The link is in the mod thread here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=141770

I also have a Portrait mod, but like I say in the thread I need to re-do them into 512x512 images(for better quality) and find more pictures/paintings/etc.. to be used(some aren't that great. But the Still Leaderhead Mod already uses 512x512 and looks the same as the original leaderheads, just frozen in place.
              "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Looks good. Thanking you muchly!
                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Working...
                X