13.95%
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Re: Have you chosen right click menu?

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
    I was excited at th potential

then checked the box and played

huge let down
    Exactly the same here. I used it maybe a day and then went back to the new system. Not that I like that much more, mind you.

Moving units it's great, but everything else is a step backward to the old civ3 commands. Now admitedly I am not 100% used to it, so maybe as I accomodate to it I will like it more, but right now I consider it a big step backward compared to civ3 (and yes, I play occasionaly RTS games, but I still don't like it in civ).
    Last edited by Tiberius; November 12, 2005, 21:14.
    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
    --George Bernard Shaw
    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
    --Woody Allen

Comment

same here.

Comment

which right click menu?

Comment

I have it enabled, I use it for managing units. Its alot better then the normal setup. A 10 unit limit that you have to click to scroll through? Thats just painful to use once you start managing assault/defensive forces in a war. I don't have any trouble managing cities though, since you can just click on a citys name/food/production bar and then choose its production/AI settings.

Overall the interface isn't that bad, just some quirks and annoyances. Like who thought Alt+R was a better key setup for rebasing air units then G? Or the annoying menu that pops up when a city completes a unit/building, too little listed and a bad setup to go with it.
          "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Jerh9e1k5 go to the options part of the menu
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

what does the right click menu do? I kept meaning to ask this.

Comment

Same as Civ3, more or less.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I play on laptop so every unit movement is.. press "g" and drop it at final destination
                  I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Civ4 right-click menu is way worse than Civ3.
                    In Civ3 you could right click on a city and get a lot of good stuff. Change production, view docs for any unit in city, etc.

Comment

Re: Have you chosen right click menu?

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                      I was excited at th potential

then checked the box and played

huge let down
                      Huge let down? Why? It seems to work fine for me, does everything I want it to do...
                      Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

Right menu? There was one in Civ III?!

So long...
                        Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                        Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                        Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

I voted banana since I don't know what option you're talking about. Something to do with the right-click drag-mouse to move units I assume?? Civ4 default works ok for me, it's like CtP with the right mouse button option turned on.

Comment

RTS-style movement
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                              RTS-style movement
                              Agreed
                              Realism and Extended Game play Mod Supporter.

Check it out over at www.civfanatics.com, under the Creation Forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X