Retaining a production queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retaining a production queue

How do you retain and use a production queue? According to the strategy guide (Brady), you press Ctrl - # in your city management screen to store the current production queue in memory. Then, when you have another city screen open, you press that number and the system will implement that production queue for the current city.

I can't get it to work. I build a new city, open the city window, set up a production queue of about six buildings (Theatre, Library, Harbor, Lighthouse, x, y, z), press Ctrl-3, and leave the city screen. Then on the next turn, I build another new city, open the city managment screen, press 3, and nothing shows up in the production queue.

Has anybody been able to load-in a production queue using this key sequence?

Thanks!
    XP SP2; 1280MB w/3200MB virtual memory
    AMD Athlon 1700+; 500W power, 2HD's
    Radeon 9600pro 256MB (Dec 2005 Catalyst)
    SoundBlaster X-Fi (8.8.05 driver)

I haven't succeeded at using it yet, but I have only tried once so far.
    According to the keyboard template in the special edition, Ctrl-# is for UNIT group selection. You want SHIFT-# to set production queues.

Comment

Thank you... but unfortunately, it seems SHIFT + # does not work either. I also tried ALT + #, and I tried using the numbers across the top of the keyboard as well as the keypad (the game either deleted the entire production queue or jumped to another city...)
      XP SP2; 1280MB w/3200MB virtual memory
      AMD Athlon 1700+; 500W power, 2HD's
      Radeon 9600pro 256MB (Dec 2005 Catalyst)
      SoundBlaster X-Fi (8.8.05 driver)

Comment

You have to be in City View, then hold shift key down and left click on the objects you want to Que up.

The Ctrl key puts the items at the top of the Que, the Shift adds it to the bottom of the Que. The Alt key will let you Que up something infinitely.

Comment

Is there a command to 'slide' something in 'Next' or in the middle of the queue?

Monastary is 3 turns from completion. I already have 3 missionaries qued up. I decide I need a workboat and want to insert this between 1st and 2nd missionary.

How do I do that?

Thanks
          ---- "What gunpowder did for war, Blake has done for the AI" - Diadem ----

Comment

I would delete the first missionary by double left clicking it, queue up a workboat using Alt, then click the missionary using Alt to put it above the workboat. The missionary shouldn't have lost any production either.

I'm not sure if there is another way, but thats how I've been doing it, deleting and requeue them up.

Comment

Working...
            X