New here, HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here, HELP!!

Hi i'm very new. On CIV3 i found out easily how to make your own maps and then play them, but how can i do that on CIV4 not in game! I just want a map file filled with water that i can place stuff in. If anyone knows how to use the CIV3 world builder to make CIV4 maps (i heard u can do this however i doubt it) or any other way tell me or sum1 show me a link to a tutorial or sum1 make one urself!!

plz
    Last edited by melea lord; November 12, 2005, 16:07.

I doubt you could do that. The Civ4 maps are 3D and Civ3 are 2D.

If oyu could get it to load, I would not be surprised to see it crash at some point.

Comment

Yeah you can't translate civ3 maps to civ4 maps, but you can make civ4 maps.

There's another forum here dealing with modding and creating new stuff for Civ4. A great thread is at http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=140519

Download the Civ IV World Builder Manual. Unpack it and read page 11 and onward, goes step by step into how to make a map and save it.

Short answer is to go to the worldbuilder and select change all tiles and then change everything to ocean, but the manual is pretty good and answer lots of other stuff. Good luck.

Comment

Thank you Thank you Thank you.

"when i didnt begin in a non-custom map and end game i got: (leader name) the useless. When i made custom maps and place a lot of gold, resources in one area and kept starting and exiting till i got the area. It sed i was: (leaders name) the....

hopeless, 3rd from bottom.

Comment

Working...
        X