How do I use a mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I use a mod?

I have looked all over the place and can find a ton of info on everything accept how to actually use a mod.

I downloaded the new world maps, one with 11 civs and the other with 18 civs. I have put them into the mod file in my documents, under the Civ4 folder. I then start the game, go to advanced settings and choose I think play a mod. I can then pick the mod I want to download. The game reboots itself and in the upper right corner it says civ18.mod or civ11.mod or something like that. So it appears I have the mod installed.

Now what the heck do I do? I go to single game and look through all the different single game options and I can't find where to start a game with the mod. I have read the manual and looked all over a couple of web sites and I just can't seem to find what I am missing.

Thx for the help,
    Petdawg

There's an option to load a mod (which requires a restart of the game)

Go to Advanced (from the main menu), and then Load A Mod.

Comment

I have done that, and I think the mod is loaded, but how do I play the mod after I load it. After the game restarts once the mod is loaded it does not take me right to game, it just takes me to the same menu as if you have just booted the game. So where do I start the game with the mod installed?

Dawg

Comment

hold on, I'll test it.

Seeing as it's a world map, it should be where the other maps are located.

Single Game: Play a scenario.

If it's not there, I don't know where it will be.

Comment

im with you dawg.

i extracted the files into a folder that i made in the mod directory under civ 4.

i load the mod, the game restarts and then nothing loads it.

however, if i just double click the save file in wondows explorer, it launches it.

all of the other mods that load work fine after choosing play a scnario.

earth18 aint working for me.
          While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

ok, i got it i think. extract the map file to the "public maps" directory edit:instead of the "mod" directory.

Then when you start, don't choose load a mod, choose load a scenario and the map should show up as a choice.

I guess a custom map file is not a mod?
            Last edited by vee4473; November 12, 2005, 15:46.
            While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

It shouldn't be... it isn't really moding anything .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
              X