Diplomatic Victory Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomatic Victory Thoughts

I've found that the diplomatic victory is FAR more hard to obtain in cIV that were in civ3. And I like it! In the old civilizations you could won by it just trading everything you had just before the election take place (more or less). Now with this new diplomatic system it's hard and longer to make friends and to make the others forget about something you did, so a diplomatic victory is a strategy you have to think about from the start (or the earier stage) of the game. And I've found - reading the others threads - that this is not considered like a victory alone but just a "backup option" in the case others victory cannot be completed so ppl start thinking about that very late.

I've red in another thread someone complaining about the fact that the civs after four thousand years still remember you declare war against them and that was considered odd... it was bring to attention an american/english example for two civs that were on war and now are the "best friends". I found on the contrary that this feature is well done. You've to think about all the + you can get in the diplomatic screen and not just the -4 (max) alone you get for declaring war to another civ. If you trade long enough with that civ and you share the right civics (like england and america now) you can even obtain +4+5=+9... and this's just an example for how the + can be FAR more than the -...

Thoughts?
    HTTP Error 404 - File or Directory not found
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

I think the + and - should slowly expire over time, BUT it requires the game to count the years of each event that took place, not just IF the event took place. The + and - system is more than acceptable, though. It's a vast improvement over any previous systems, because now it's more transparent and logical. In previous Civs, the Zulus would declare war on you for no apparent reason at all.

Comment

My last game on monarch was a diplomatic victory...It went something like this. I killed off 4 of the 6 AI's, and obliterated all but 2/3 towns from the other 2. Then I built the UN, and voted myself for victory...CAKE (it woulda been faster though to probably just make boats and take out the remaining cities).

Comment

Working...
      X