Leader-specific strategies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leader-specific strategies...

My first game was a squeaker Space Race victory as Montezuma. I've always been a builder, so I felt like I didn't really take advantage of his attributes.

Louis, however... wow. Noble difficulty, Space Race victory by a country mile, and I built every wonder except the Lighthouse and the shrines of the five religions I didn't found. I was pumping out Great People left and right, my Creative trait let me quickly expand my borders... by the end, Paris had well over 100,000 culture. I love the French!
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Ghandi has to be the best one for Culture Victory.

I've won Cultural Victory twice with Ghandi.

Industrial gives him a LOT of Wonders, I had all of them but a few Ancient ones in my last game. Of course, having BOTH Marble and Stone helped. (didn't hook those up till renissance though)

Of course, the Wonders do 2 things, GP's, and LOTs of Culture Points.

In a way, some of the Wonders help to make more Wonders. If you get GE's you can quickly get things like the Sistine Chapel or Notre Dame.

Put all that Culture in your three best cities, and you have a sure fire culture victory!

The other thing that helps with Ghandi is being Spiritual. I've had good success getting ALL or all but 1 Religions. Interestingly enough, there's usually little downside to doing so. But when you get a Monestary in Each of your three Culture Cities, watch out!

I'm still not sure though if the Culture Slider affect CPT (Culture Per Turn). With it at 10% I was getting 640 CPT in Delhi.

Dan O.

Comment

Working...
    X