What's the point of stacking nukes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the point of stacking nukes?

Ok, so I saw a pretty spectacular pic of some stacked nukes exploding, but what is the point? Are units and buildings more likely to die if hit by two nukes at once than they are if they are hit by two nukes seperatly? Or is the big bang of multiple nukes the only benefit? If it is, it is a very expensive light show.
    I don't know what I've been told!
    Deirdre's got a Network Node!
    Love to press the Buster Switch!
    Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

note: I havent tried it myself. but is it possible it increases the AoE

Comment

I don't kno about the area of effect changing, but units and buildings have a chance to survive a nuke attack, especially with bomb shelters.

So multiple nuke attacks would reduce the # of survivors and/or lower the health of those who did survive.

Comment

I have a savegame where I had 15 nukes at once stockpiled to launch against 5 opponents, I can load it up and do a few test on dmg levels and fallout radii.

More on that soon..

Comment

Re: What's the point of stacking nukes?

Originally posted by gdijedi7
          Ok, so I saw a pretty spectacular pic of some stacked nukes exploding, but what is the point? Are units and buildings more likely to die if hit by two nukes at once than they are if they are hit by two nukes seperatly? Or is the big bang of multiple nukes the only benefit? If it is, it is a very expensive light show.
          Where is this screenshot if you dont mind me asking? I would like to see what this is all about...
          Siga El Conejo Blanco
          Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
          | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Wallock
            I have a savegame where I had 15 nukes at once stockpiled to launch against 5 opponents, I can load it up and do a few test on dmg levels and fallout radii.

More on that soon..
            Please do.. I would like to find out and dont have a save to run tests on...
            Siga El Conejo Blanco
            Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
            | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

When I realized how World editor worked I started playing with it, and I made many ICBMs and launched them one by one on enemy cities. Then I realized that you can stack these missiles, and THE ANIMATION WILL CHANGE!! First I launched 4 ICBMs at once on Paris, and the animation was significantly...

There is some screenshots!
              Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

It doesn't increase the area of effect; just the amount of damage to the area struck.
                Friedrich Psitalon
                Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
                Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

Woah! Didn't expect this to grab such attention over a weekend.

Flamer is right. civfanatics have the pic I saw.
                  I have considered running some nuclear testing, but I have never gotten around to it.

Maybe I shall test it on my enemies later

Fried says it increases damage. Do two nukes stacked do more damage than two nukes launched seperately?
                  I don't know what I've been told!
                  Deirdre's got a Network Node!
                  Love to press the Buster Switch!
                  Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Working...
                  X