Rate these RENAISSANCE buildings in terms of importance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate these RENAISSANCE buildings in terms of importance

Lets say you're starting a custom game. Right off the bat you get these building choices. What is a good order to start building?

Barracks
    Aqueduct
    (Lighthouse)
    (Harbor)
    Forge
    Library
    Colosseum
    Market
    Grocer
    Bank
    Courthouse

Barracks 1st - you need good military
    Library - Don't want to get culture flipped do you
    Lighthouse - if you are coastal
    Aquaduct
    Forge

Comment

I hate how you can make a case for each one. For example, why build an aqueduct so soon, if you aren't experiencing any unhealthy people yet?
      Why not build a Forge first, cause it increases production of all the rest of the builds?

Comment

Forge makes everything else build faster, so that'd be where my eye would look first, assuming a period of relative safety in which to build.

If we're talking about your very FIRST city in an accelerated start game, then harbors would not be high on the list (since there won't BE any trade routes yet), but of course, harbors are about your best bet as you continue to found cities/road-connect them.

Bank/Market/Courthouse/Colosseum/Grocer/Aqueduct are all on hold, IMO...not gonna do a newly founded city much good, so they can wait.

I'd say forge, and then let game circumstances inform you from there.

-=Vel=-
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Re: Rate these RENAISSANCE buildings in terms of importance

Well what is going on at the time? what are my traits and what is my goal?

I actually like the idea that you can make a case for many things and the sitation will over rule it.

Barracks
          Aqueduct
          (Lighthouse)
          (Harbor)
          Forge
          Library
          Colosseum
          Market
          Grocer
          Bank
          Courthouse

What size is this city/town? Size 2, does not need a forge right now. Do I have lots of health? Is it size 5? Well is a war looming? No, then I am starting to like the forge now.

So many things will make me alter my normal plan. A war going or coming and it is looking more like a barracks. Low helath at size 9 or so, like that aqua.

Comment

Working...
          X