Sluggish Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Targonis
    The NVIDIA Geforce ti4200 was on the lower end, compared with the 4600 for that generation. While it was a good card at the time, that was quite a while ago.

-snip-

So, for video, you would want at LEAST a Geforce FX 5600 or Radeon 9500, preferably cards above this level.
    The 64mb ti4200 outperforms the 5600 and 9600 in many tests. The major killer for the ti series of cards is AA and AF, if you want half way decent performance turn AA and AF off with these cards. The second of these links shows a ti4200 outperforming among others a Geforce 5950 U and a Radeon 9600 Pro.

I personally get diabolical performance with Civ4 on my system (Athlon 2100+, ti4200, 1gb RAM) most of the time. However, sometimes it runs fine, sometimes awful, and there seems to be no reason I can find for it. It's usually awful when I start the game (even on duel, basically nothing showing), and I have had it running perfectly ok late on in standard map games. It _cannot_ be a simple hardware problem since I have had the game running at a pretty decent rate (20fps is fine for me for this kind of game). Anyway, I've made this point elsewhere, I'm not going to go over it all again now.

Comment

Working...
    X