No announcement yet.

Quick Savegame Resume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was part of my original rant- the game doesn't alert you if you exit without saving. After large amounts of time spent playing, I tend to 'fall out of my chair' back into RL- real easy to space on the save. I'm so used to being stuck with MS products, I've come to rely on that prompt. Checking back, Civ3 didn't have a prompt either, but it did save the last half-dozen autosaves regardless of what game was last loaded, so if I ever did have an 'emergency', it was handled without any inconvenience...
    Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

shift F5 thanks!
      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Upon further investigation, it seems that it only clears out autosaves when a new game is started, so loading someone else's save should not hurt anything...
        Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

I found with civ3 that it did erase all autosaves when a new game was started. Several times, I would load a autosave, say the 2nd most recent one. The game would then create another 5 starting from the point. For example if I has save games for 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 and I reloaded 1904, after it would keep 1900 1901 1902 1903 then autosave 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908. 1909 would then overwrite 1904. Starting a new game would overwrite all saves though.

Not really sure if that makes any sense. Quite possible it doesn't and probably doesn't matter too much either.

Comment

Working...
          X