Combat Odds Are Shown On Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat Odds Are Shown On Screen

Im posting this because I get the impression that quite a few people dont know this exists (I didnt until Sid popped up and informed me off it).

To see the combat odds for any attack you are considering, use the mouse and right click and hold the button over your enemy. The combat odds for that attack will appear in the bottom left of your screen. It also tells you which unit you will be attacking if you are attacking a stack. Not sure if this is common knowledge or not but some my find it useful if they didnt realise it exists, means you dont need to try the calculation in your head!

Tis useful, indeed.

*Bump*
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

And after combat the combat log shows even more information, although somewhat cryptic maybe for those who haven't read the combat thread

Comment

I think it helps a lot to know the odds as exactly like this. You dont have to memorize all the modifiers and will hopefully help people get over the shock of tank vs spearman if they know the odds are slim in the first place
        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Wouldn't accidentaly releasing the holded button make units attack?
          Since right butting is used for troop movement.

Comment

Yep, if you're clumsy, (like me), and you let the mouse go at the wrong time, you end up attacking. I've lost a couple of War Elephants that way. I chalked it up to the "Fog of War". Then I did unspeakable things to those General's families back home. (My civic was slavery at the time, after all)

Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?

Comment

Originally posted by player1
              Yeah. I'd rather have a different method

Comment

Hold down the alt key while the mouse cursor is on the unit to be attacked.

Comment

FYI, you can also see the combat odds by holding down ALT and mousing over the enemy unit.

Comment

If you click the “move to” arrow in your list of options (down there with,snooze, fortify, disband, promotions, etc,. you can move the red circle that appears over the units you want to attack, and it will give you the odds. You have to actually left click a second time to make it attack. Or left right to cancel. No accidents.
                    "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Originally posted by player1
                      that's why I don't accidently release the buttong. .

I use the right click all the time. Soon as I saw that longbowmen in a city could defeat my cavalry, I wizened up and softened up the city with a frigate to take down their defenses.

Comment

Working...
                      X