Do all units have amphip now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do all units have amphip now?

I had a Horse Archer position on my horse resource as Rome had declared and had a galley next to that tile.

The had an UU and a Horse Archer and they were able to attack wihtout lnading first? Is that a new feature or did I fall asleep.

This was a std map at Prince. Just in case it matters.

PS I don't think I fell asleep as the big red alerts would be hard to miss even for me.

I think all units can attack from ships. If they are amphibious they don't get a -50% penalty.

Comment

Wow, 50% is a lot... didnt know the actual number until now... I guess they wanted to make the amphibious promotion worth something...

Comment

SirOsis is correct. Any unit can attack, but they are severely penalized without the amphibious promotion

Comment

yep they all are. I noticed that too. When I accidently ran my galleon into the enemy city instead of the square next to the city (to drop my units off). It's kind of funny watching the enemy units from the city rush onboard my ship to attack my units.

Comment

The days of blocking your coasts with idle workers are over along with other AI-exploits.

Even with -50% penalty, your worker is dead-meat.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I think I like it, just was not aware before hand. Well that is why we play a few games at the middle levels. Need to find all the pot holes.

Comment

By the way, the same 50% penalty for not having the promotion applies to attacking across a river as well.
                Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Quillan
                  By the way, the same 50% penalty for not having the promotion applies to attacking across a river as well.
                  I thought river was the standard 25% penalty as in Civ3?

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                    The days of blocking your coasts with idle workers are over along with other AI-exploits.

Even with -50% penalty, your worker is dead-meat.
                    I used to use actual military units to block my coastline in civ3. It didn't feel like an exploit then. . It was my atlantic wall.

Comment

Originally posted by SirOsis
                      I think all units can attack from ships. If they are amphibious they don't get a -50% penalty.
                      This makes sense. I like it! Good game design decision
                      "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                      --George Bernard Shaw
                      A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                      --Woody Allen

Comment

Working...
                      X