Most challenging victory type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most challenging victory type?

I've been having a time of it trying to get a Cultural one myself. Space Race for me seems to be the consolation prize. It's usually not the one I'm shooting for but go for when I couldn't get my primary goal.
    Conquest
    43.84%
    Domination
    8.22%
    Cultural
    30.14%
    Spaceship
    0.00%
    Diplomatic
    13.70%
    Time
    4.11%

Culturual is kind of hard. But I voted Diplomatic as I've never been able to do it. I came within 50 points one time, but that's as close as I ever got.

Domination on a huge terran world would probably be the most challenging though. . If anyone has a save game of that, I'd like to see it.

Comment

Cultural in an OCC game is definately the hardest to reach

But seriously, higher difficulty makes SS less easy (it is no longer the fall back option but requires focus), while making diplo victories harder.

I have yet to score a conquest victory in several months of playing. It's just not my style... so it carries my vote.

DeepO

Comment

I find military victories (and just getting involved in ANY miltary entanglement for that matter) very difficult. I generally can't compete with the AI (even on lower levels) with unit organization and attack. My enemy always seems to have the upper hand and it just gets annoying.

I generally win by time victory (way easy) or diplomatic victory. I generally don't play higher than noble level.

Don't get me started on sharing a small continent with the Mongols.

Comment

I voted for conquest, simply because thats a heck of a lot of warring and cities to take, and I think I would get sick and tired of it long before I succeeded.

Comment

cultural victorty oh my god 3 cities above 50,000 culture I've never recieved the cultural win.

Comment

Hmm, and I think cultural is the easiest ( depending on the number of warmonger AI against you).

Late game, if you already have a influental city, using broadcast towers and a GPP city kicking out artists... Works every time. I culture bomb my main cities when I can. That +4000 really helps!

Late game, I start switching out my scientists for artists when I have a few academies, lower the sci and increase the culture.

I have the impression that a lot of people use GAs to flip other cities, I use them to stabalize my borders, but mainly to get past the influential hump.

I would vote either diplomacy or domination to be the hardest.

Comment

Conquest (and time) is the only victories I haven't managed to get yet. How are you supposed to get conquest with domination activated? Domination kicks in as soon as you get x% population and y% landmass. The only way to get it is by razing cities?
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                  Conquest (and time) is the only victories I haven't managed to get yet. How are you supposed to get conquest with domination activated? Domination kicks in as soon as you get x% population and y% landmass. The only way to get it is by razing cities?
                  Yeah, you have to raze a lot. It's actually seems easier to me than Domination because you don't have to pay that much upkeep and you need less troops to defend.

Comment

If you can get Domination, you can get Diplomatic. In my experience, it's always the land area requirement for Domination that's tough to do, not the population requirement. I always have way more than 60% of the world's population if I'm shooting for Domination. So if I wanted to, I could easily vote myself a win.

When playing a peaceful builder style, though, I can never get enough civs to vote for me.
                    mmmmm...cabbage

Comment

Originally posted by baboon

Yeah, you have to raze a lot. It's actually seems easier to me than Domination because you don't have to pay that much upkeep and you need less troops to defend.
                      You wish. Razing also means creating open space, which the AIs love to settle, and where barbs love to spawn.

DeepO

Comment

Does conquest mean killing all the barbs too?
                        mmmmm...cabbage

Comment

Working...
                        X