Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will my system run CiV?

Hi guys!
    Alright, I've been thinking of buying CiV4 since it came out and I read a review, but I dont think my computer can run this game. I dont care if the graphic is bad, but as long as it wont run slowly, laggy, hacky - you name it! - im pretty happy. This is my system:
    P4 1,5 GHZ
    512 MB RAM
    NVIDIA FX5200 128 MB

As I said, as long the game wont run slow I dont care! Will my system fix this? Thanks to you all! By the way, I've read that if your system could run Pirates this game will also go, my computer runs Pirates good.
    Last edited by benaldo; November 10, 2005, 09:33.

Re: Will my system run CiV?

Originally posted by benaldo
    Hi guys!
    Alright, I've been thinking of buying CiV4 since it came out and I read a review, but I dont think my computer can run this game. I dont care if the graphic is bad, but as long as it wont run slowly, laggy, hacky - you name it! - im pretty happy. This is my system:
    P4 1,5 GHZ
    512 MB RAM
    NVIDIA FX5200 128 MB

As I said, as long the game wont run slow I dont care! Will my system fix this? Thanks to you all! By the way, I've read that if your system could run Pirates this game will also go, my computer runs Pirates good.
    Running Pirates is most certainly not a good indicator as I can but wont run Civ4 with any colored terrain... checking the video cards that support T&L looks like it can handle it... theres nothing else I can really see as being much of a problem for you. Way I see it is that if you go out and buy it and it doesnt work (like many of us) it may just be a problem with the game that will be answered by the upcoming patch. Unless someone else posts after me saying you cant run it, I would say your fine! Enjoy!
    Siga El Conejo Blanco
    Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
    | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

I would say you can run it, but with 1/3 more processing power and twice the ram, on huge maps it can get slow and I have had multiple CTDs.

Comment

Alright, I wont buy the goddamn game. Anyway, im buying a new heavy computer next week, so then I'll buy it

Comment

So any follow up yet?
          Siga El Conejo Blanco
          Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
          | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

Working...
          X