No announcement yet.

OMTS, or One More Turn Syndrome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really thinking of bringing my laptop to the office to play but it'd just be too distracting and others would notice.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

OMTS or JOMT (just one more turn) in Civ4 is the reason that made me stop playing online my favourite WWII Airplanes Sim (IL2) after many years!!!
      At last I have found cure to IL2 addiction...by submitting to Civ4 addiction :P

Comment

Originally posted by teesqr
        But I also suffer from PMS - Perfect Map Syndrome.

That's where you spend 2 days restarting the game until you find the perfect map with all the resources you need to start your first city.
        I got that with cIIIv.
        I still have it, but not as much anymore.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
          I wish units would move more quickly, like they did in Civ II (never played III). Now it's move, pause, move. And when I'm all done with my turn, it takes a couple secs for the END TURN to come up. *sigh*

(See sig, which I put in before I saw this thread. )
          Look in the options, I think you can eliminate the move/battle animations as you could with civ3.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
            Look in the options, I think you can eliminate the move/battle animations as you could with civ3.
            the movement is actually pretty cool with the cartoon-like "wooosh" of land units and ships that actually lie in the curves like motorbike racers do.

what he probably means is reation speed of movement which is a bit slow on non-highend-PCs. this is independent on whether you've got animations in or not.
            - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
            - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

OMTS? Yes, but I took a well chosen strategic holiday for a week and hope that by next week it will have settled a bit...
              What also helps: just play "quick" games. At least you are able to finish them in one night.

Comment

I already played 102 hours

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf

what he probably means is reation speed of movement which is a bit slow on non-highend-PCs. this is independent on whether you've got animations in or not.
                  With rereading, I think you're probably right.
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                  X