OMTS, or One More Turn Syndrome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
    I am compelled to think about it and play it whenever my wife isn't looking!

Me too. I almost ruined dinner last night because I rushed down to the computer for a couple turns while she was upstairs getting the kids ready for bed.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

for the 3rd time, YES!

Now let me get back to my game.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Only now do you understand the true power of the Dark Side.

Perhaps this is truly a disability, in which case certain accommodations are required under the disability laws....

Comment

I've only played 1 full game so far, which I did not succumb.

But, then, I started my second game... let me just get this going, oh, and this, and this...
          Avast, ye scurvy dogs, prepare to be boarded!

Comment

Theere IS an advantage: Sunday morning, I had a couple of hours to wait before church, so I sat down to the game, and after what seemed like 10 minutes, it was time to go...

So the game is REALLY good to kill time.

Henri

Comment

3:30am, nuff said...

ps: I do work full time...

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                Its back. I was late for work this morning.
                Thats when you know you are addicted. I was late too.

Comment

Today I had the first meeting with my thesis advisor since the game came out... A few weeks won't hurt my PhD... right?

Comment

I wish units would move more quickly, like they did in Civ II (never played III). Now it's move, pause, move. And when I'm all done with my turn, it takes a couple secs for the END TURN to come up. *sigh*

(See sig, which I put in before I saw this thread. )
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                      YES!

Now let me get back to my game.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

while I have it, it mostly seems to be spent moving two or three workers and slapping the enter button.
                        By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

I can bug people all I want here, as I haven't bought the game yet -- so no "one more turn" for me at this point.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Yes I have OMTS.

But I also suffer from PMS - Perfect Map Syndrome.

That's where you spend 2 days restarting the game until you find the perfect map with all the resources you need to start your first city.

Comment

Well...today I wanted to meet at noon with a friend and do some university work. We did, but I didn't sleep the night before.

I guess - yes.

Comment

teesqr: omg, yes. In my current game I settled for a sub-tropical start (half temperate, half tropical) with copper, elephants and bananas on the island.

Then I found the aztecs on the island next over. Their island was abundant with resources... so I waged holy war, razed his three towns and settled it for myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X