OMTS, or One More Turn Syndrome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMTS, or One More Turn Syndrome!

Arrghh, I have to admit, with Civ 4 OMTS is killing me... I've got the lurgy bad, I'm diseased and rotting from within.

It's killing my fiancee. Did you know they used to cite the Championship Manager game in divorce cases? Well, Civ 4 could well be the next game.

It's killing my sleep! Since I bought Civ 4 I haven't been able to part company to go to bed before 1.30 am each night. Even then my brain's alert and "fried" thinking about my next few turns ahead....

Therefore, it's also killing my work!

So, what to do?

Hmmm, I guess play some more!
    Yes
    82.73%
    Not yet
    10.00%
    No
    7.27%

hey, how come you're posting here? a true addict would spend this time playing

for me, the OMTS only twice kicked in so far (all nighters). so far i have not yet completely lost touch to reality and am forcing myself not to play before i actually have time (as of december).

however, co-workers have been complaining that i leave an hour earlier than usual
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Can't talk... gotta play... one more turn!
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I do experience the syndom, eventhough I'm more able to fight it then in the past!
        Maybe, one day, when I'm an old wise man, I'll be able to totally deal with it.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Same here... Last night, freakin aztecs attacked me. I just had to fend them off. As i negotiated piece, i just had to play a few more turns (you know, reposition my troops ).

Then all of a sudden egypt decides to rape me... Well there goes the next hour fighting her.

Before i knew it it was 2:30am.

Then i just slapped myself and that did the trick...

Comment

Oh, be sure I have felt it. I do have the ability to fence it off if I must, though. Mostly.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I've suffered from OMTS since Civ I. I have only had Civ IV for 48 hours now, but I haven't suffered from OMTS yet. All three times I might have, I suddenly found myself crashed to the desktop, , and I thought, "Well, I guess that's enough play for now."

Comment

I found myself studying some notes and the manual (and this site) when I'm at work or away from my home computer.

I think there is a lot to this game regarding strategy. I am compelled to think about it and play it whenever my wife isn't looking!
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by Veritass
                  I've suffered from OMTS since Civ I. I have only had Civ IV for 48 hours now, but I haven't suffered from OMTS yet. All three times I might have, I suddenly found myself crashed to the desktop, , and I thought, "Well, I guess that's enough play for now."

Game producers should milk this. "Erm, well, we leave some random Desktop crashes in for the health & safety of our customers. "

Comment

I suppose that OMTS can be used to excuse many things, like why you are so tired at work, or why you haven't come to bed yet.

However, OMTS MAY NOT be used as an excuse for ommitting the banana option from your poll.

That sir, is inexcusable!

And yes, I have OMTS bad too. If you haven't guessed, OMTS makes me irritable.

Comment

Its back. I was late for work this morning.
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

As always tehy did it again to me! I have got the bug

So long...
                        Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                        Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                        Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

why bother posting in this thread, all the other posters will be too busy playing to read...
                          Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Originally posted by LzPrst
                            why bother posting in this thread, all the other posters will be too busy playing to read...
                            Not really. Gotta do something CIV related while I'm at work.

Comment

I was SOOOO tired at work this morning. Damn Civ4
                              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
                              X