Take 2 = Double take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take 2 = Double take

On the release date I purchased my collectors Edition, hurried home and experienced the great frustration of a corrupt CD. In desperation I emailed Take 2 hopping beyond hope that there was a work as no other copies would be avaliable for at least 3 days. Well the days passed in slow frustration with no response and on Friday I was able, along with many of the other preorders, to exchange the CD at a bemused EB. Since than I have had no problems, unlike some, and am quite enjoying the epic game.

But today I did a double take when 2 weeks later I recieve an email from Take 2 saying they were recieving high call volume at the moment and would contact me shortly. Maybe they wait to respond to customers untill they have the defective product back in hand? Well my problem has already been solved so I'll be sure to suggest they concentrate on the rest of the game issues when in another 2 weeks they get around to me again. Customer service does not seem to be job 1 with these guys.

Wildcat.

The vast majority of companies won't replace your product until they recieve the old one -- that way people can't get them to send them a freebie!

Comment

Originally posted by Electrius
      The vast majority of companies won't replace your product until they recieve the old one -- that way people can't get them to send them a freebie!
      That was a satiracal comment regarding the time it took to respond to a customer help request, not the time to replace the game. I replaced the game at point of purchase when new stock arrived, like everyone else.

Comment

Even when you send them the entire game and box as well as the bill you dont always get a replacment. I found this out the hard way with RRTII.

Comment

Working...
        X