2D Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2D Option

I love all the new strategic gameplay elements but am really struggling with the size of the 3D graphics.
    I'm playing in 1280*1024 and spinning the mouse wheel to zoom out but am still finding the graphics too cumbersome, I recently attacked a ciry with a war elephant and it was really difficult to see what was going on....

anyone else out there appreciate a less flashy 2D option?

i don't suppose I've missed a different way of zooming out?

Great Game Though!

God, I wish there was a 2d option. I can run it fine in 3d, but if it ran a little bit faster... To me, that would be a fine tradeoff for the nice but superfluous 3d looks.

Comment

The graphics are a little too clever, try spotting a silk resource or somesuch - we need big colourful things that can be seen! I have extremely good vision yet I can still struggle to make out whats what sometimes.
      "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

The graphics are a little too clever, try spotting a silk resource or somesuch - we need big colourful things that can be seen! I have extremely good vision yet I can still struggle to make out whats what sometimes.
        That's why there's a button to toggle all the visible resources with very clear pointers on the screen.

Comment

Yeah, that button is nice, kinda liked it back when you didn't need buttons to quickly and clearly assess everything on the screen.

That really isn't that big of a problem though, I care about the graphics more because of the way they slow down the game overall.

Comment

Would this be possible to mod? Yeah a big huge mod, but it would be great!

Comment

i'd kill for a civ1 style graphics conversion.

i'd kill two people for a civ2 style graphics conversion.
              it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

I will kill many people if they redo Civ4 with Civ1 and Civ2 graphics.... Hehhehehe!!!

I dont think after all this evolution in graphics, I will be able to play at Civ4 with Civ1 or Civ2 graphics.

If Civ4 was able to run smoother, it will be a winning choice.

See ya

Originally posted by pauli
                i'd kill for a civ1 style graphics conversion.

i'd kill two people for a civ2 style graphics conversion.
                bleh

Comment

Working...
                X