Schizoid Leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schizoid Leaders

I had a pretty good alliance going. I was America, and I had a defensive pact with Japan and Russia to protect them against Egypt who was between them, and I was preparing for war with Arabia, when all of a sudden, Russia declares war on me! The two most powerful countries on the planet went from being close friends to being bitter enemies in one turn with no provocation. Has this happened to any body else? Or are certain leaders just Schizoid?
    I don't know what I've been told!
    Deirdre's got a Network Node!
    Love to press the Buster Switch!
    Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Depends ... where you close to winning?

Everytime I'm about to make a score win, the #2 on the score board declares war on me like 20-30 turns out, no matter what our relations were.

Comment

Well, yeah, but they declared war about 80 turns out, never happened like that in Civ1-3 for me...
      Anyway, they were no match for me

Comment

On 'Noble' difficulty i've never had AIs randomly declare war on me when their feelings towards me are above "cautious", even right before victory... what dificulty are you playing on?

Comment

I had the Mali ask me to join in against Russia, and the next turn they made peace without me!!!!!!!! I was stuck in a war I didn't want in the first place. Grrrrrrr. There should be consequences for that. Piss poor AI.

Comment

Well, I do that to the AI all the time, so I guess it's fair
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

A Cautious Mao attacked me when I was 10 turns from completing my SS. Fortunately Mao was late, and I had remembered to build up a modern era military too, so he couldn't take a single city before launch.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Well, I was playing on Settler to get a feel for the game. Civ4 is so different, even more than Civ3 was. I have since moved up in difficulty. There should be a nuke smilie.

Comment

Working...
                X