No announcement yet.

Flooded by barbarians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like people that are having trouble with barbarians are not getting out of the chute fast enough when it comes to starting the game.

There's a long period at the start of the game where only animals appear for the barbs. And they won't even go near your cities. The best thing you can do is use your time as effectively as possible at the start so by the time the real barbarians come along, they never have enough critial mass to become a real threat.

Honestly I've never seen a pack of barbarian units outside one of their own cities. Their raids seem to be 1 unit at a time sort of deals.

Usually when I see the barbs pop up, I've been connected to my copper/iron/horses, I've got 4-6 cities or more, and usually I'm looking for trouble. If an AI has gotten too close to my borders I see this as the best time to nip them and gain some good close in territory to my capital before I launch an all out invasion somewhere. That said, if the barbarians have been nice enough to found near by cities for me, they go on the list first. (Noble, Medium, Balanced)

Comment

as for the AI and barbs, they do hunt the patrols pretty good. But they don't seem to take the barb cities. I think they lack sufficient strength to do so. I had trouble with it on my large terran world. Those barb cities got huge. They even had improvements and workers.

Comment

the barbarian balance is... somewhat off. there needs to be a setting between default and no barbs.
        it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

Working...
        X