18 Civs on a Duel map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 Civs on a Duel map

Is a great little game if you want to play a whole game in a sitting. I'm pretty stoked this kind of option was included as you didn't have this much freedom in Civ3. I'd recommend playing on a higher difficulty than you normally would if you do this as the AI dosn't seem to adapt well to the cramped conditions.

My tip for this style is to pop a settler early before the map gets swallowed up by cultural boundaries. Most AI's don't get a second city down so your immediately at an advantage.
    Last edited by Bogdanovist; November 8, 2005, 17:54.

how can you pop a settler unless you reload?

Might be interesting to try... once. Not my style of game though. But at least it's more interesting than having 2 civs on a huge terran world.

Comment

By 'pop' I meant build a settler, I forgot about 'pop' referring to opening tribal villages

Actually now you mention it I don't remember seeign a single such village in one of these games. There mustn't be enough room between civs starting locations for the map generator to fit them in.

Comment

That's pretty crazy
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Inland Sea and Highlands are among the best maps to use for 18-Duel sardine can games.

- Sirian

Comment

Working...
          X