Mysterious lost of air units in foreign friendly city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysterious lost of air units in foreign friendly city

I was conducting an air campaign using a friendly nation city (Arabic) over the enemy (Inca). Only to find that after 5 turns or so I got a message like "While defending, your stealth bomber is destroyed by Mech Inf." And then my 5 stealth bombers and 2 jets were gone. The friendly city is inside the Arabic boarder and they are not in war with Inca. I also didn't see any Inca Mech Inf outside of their cities. Very strange...

Maybe the city culture flipped to the incan nation?

Nope after further reading, as the city did´t change owners:

I second vmxas thoughts,
    maybe they have open borders wiith the incas and therefore the incans are able to send their mech infs to the arabian city to attack your units.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

That is scary. I guess they can attack you in any tile as units can shar the same tile. So they could be in that city. It does seem wrong that you could attack other units in some one else's city.

Just guessing, no real knowledge of it.

Comment

I wouldn't think the captical Mecca will flip to Inca.

I think open boarder is the most logical answer. Next time I will be more careful. It would be interesting to fight wars on a third party land.

Comment

I don't think its the case here but this post got me wondering, can your air units be attacked just by rebasing if the shortest possible rebasing path goes near an enemy air interceptor?

Comment

Air unit has to fly out conducting missions in order to be intercepted.

Comment

Thank you for the alert. Any time I base aircraft in a foreign land, I will provide their ground security forces as well.

Comment

Working...
              X