Cannot read CD after reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot read CD after reboot

If the play disc is in the CD drive when I power on my computer, the game does not recognize it, and tells me to put the CD in before playing. About 10% of the time if I eject the disc and put it back in, then the game recognizes it and everything plays normal.

But most of the time, i have to remove the Play disc, and reboot the computer and then replace the disc before the game will let me play. It is highly annoying. Pirates! recently had a similar problem, but it always took the eject and re-insert.

I also get the stuttering sound during movies, even though everything else in the game runs fine.
    Law of 5th Contingency - "If your 4th contingency has failed, there is no point in checking your 5th. Just accept the world is out to get you." -Earthworm

Earthworm,

I'm going to assume that by the "play disc", you refer to the disc labeled "install".

I remember seeing similar problems when using older model CD drives that wouldn't recognize the format of the newer discs. The problem also could be that your CD drive isn't compatible with the game's copy protection. You might want to check with the manufacturer of the drive to see if a firmware update is available (even if your drive is fairly new).
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

Sorry, Yes, i was refering to the Install disc.

I will check for a firmware update as soon as I figure out who manufactured my CD-Rom. (It is only a few months old, but I wasn't paying attention when i bought it to who manufactured it.)

I have become a sloppy technician since I have focused on software design.
      Law of 5th Contingency - "If your 4th contingency has failed, there is no point in checking your 5th. Just accept the world is out to get you." -Earthworm

Comment

Working...
      X