Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing one's mind about not adopting a religion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing one's mind about not adopting a religion.

Is it possible to adopt a religion after I've refused to do so initially?

ie: Hinduism spreads to my cities whilst I have no state religion. The game gives me the option to adopt it as my state religion, and I refuse. Later, I see some benefit of doing so and would like to go ahead and adopt Hinduism. Haven't been able to find a way so far...

F7.
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Yes. If you go to the religion screen. Just left-click on the religion you want to adopt, and at the bottom of the screen the button "Convert" will appear if it's possible for you to convert to that religion. Press it and you will go into anarchy for a turn as you adopt the new religion.

Comment

Oddly enough it's on the Religious Advisor screen (F7).

Tom P.

Comment

Ok, don't I feel like an idiot... I guess I should consult my advisors occasionally. Hehe

Comment

In my latest game I found a civ (Arabs) refusing every kind of religion, making it.. a laicist theocracy? Is it a bug or what?
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
              In my latest game I found a civ (Arabs) refusing every kind of religion, making it.. a laicist theocracy? Is it a bug or what?
              try to use missionaries en masse on smaller cities, but I don't think the return is going to be very much
              ~I like eggs.~

Comment

If he's got Theocracy going you're not going to accomplish anything.

I wonder if "No Religion" is regarded as your state religion if you adopt Theocracy and don't have a state religion?

Tom P.

Comment

Re: Changing one's mind about not adopting a religion.

Originally posted by polarnomad
                  Is it possible to adopt a religion after I've refused to do so initially?

ie: Hinduism spreads to my cities whilst I have no state religion. The game gives me the option to adopt it as my state religion, and I refuse. Later, I see some benefit of doing so and would like to go ahead and adopt Hinduism. Haven't been able to find a way so far...
                  I got a better question: How do you unadopt a religion after you've taken it to be your state religion?

Do you just unselect it in the Religious Advisor screen?

Tom P.

Comment

in everyone of my games Saladin adopts theocracy and refuses any religion he didn't found. It's just his personality.

Comment

padillah,

you either have to select another religion in the F7 screen instead or go to no-state-religion.

Comment

.. a laicist theocracy? Is it a bug or what?
                        No. It's just that someone hasn't been getting enough Johnson in his diet lately.

God. I'm so funny,..
                        I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

in everyone of my games Saladin adopts theocracy and refuses any religion he didn't found. It's just his personality.

So this is really going to be a problem if you are in the same region
                          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                          X