Working with the Build Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with the Build Queue

Say I have a temple building right now, with maybe 20 shields into it. Now, my city is getting unhealthy, and I really need that aqueduct. So I click it to add it to the top of the queue, sending the temple below it.

While I'm building that aqueduct, say another 20 shields into it, I notice a group of barbs heading for me. So, I click to build a spearman since I stupidly left my city unprotected. This knocks the aqueduct down to 2nd build and the temple to 3rd build.

In the middle of my spearman, the barbs turn away and head after some other idiot. Whew. And, wouldn't you know it, my city is about to reach an unhappy stage. While, yes, the unit could help with the happiness, let's assume I really would rather bump the spearman down and bring 3rd place Temple back to the top.

How do I do this?

Click on the Spearman and make him go away. Then click on the aquaduct and make it go away.

Now hold Shift and click on either the unit or the Aqua and they'll get put back in the list. Everything keeps it's hammers until a certain numbers of tunrs pass and then like 50% goes into whatever is current and the rest get lost.

Tom P.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Interesting. Does anyone know how many turns before they disappear?

And, could that end up becoming an exploit where one could have several shields in a bunch of different builds, then let them all expire and go straight to a currently-building wonder?

Comment

Your pre-build progress decays over time. There is not yet any info as to when the decay begins or how strong it is (and it probably varies with difficulty level, game length and map size).

You can definitely delay completing the build, but you cannot delay it indefinitely without loss.

Comment

Working...
        X