My favorite part of this game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite part of this game...

... is the music on the main screen. It ROCKS, Firaxis!

do you really enjoy that more than playing?

the song is infuriatingly catchy and epic though.

Comment

You mean the Lion King-esque music? I like the in-game stuff much better - especially the Philip Glass piece in the Modern Era. Nice touch.

Edit: John Adams, not Philip Glass - my mistake.
      Last edited by Stuie; November 8, 2005, 14:51.
      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Yea... fsho!

Gets stuck in my head for hours afterwards though... :/

Comment

You mean the Lord's Prayer in Swahili?
          "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
          "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
          Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Who cares what it says, I always spend a good five minutes listening to it when I fire the game up before I can even start playing. It's become the code tune for "oh yeah, now is the time to get some more Civ4!"
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

It's a great song! And it being the Lord's prayer just makes it better.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

It's great that my computer's such a piece of crap that it takes so long to load a game that I get to listen to the song like 2-3 times every time.
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

The music all around is great. Just got through to the modern era, and there's some nice tunes while playing.

Comment

isnt it slightly disturbing that one of the best parts of the game is the main menu music? shouldnt it be stuff like, the addictiveness, the fun, the excitement?

guess standards have declined since my day...
                    Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

You really must be fun at parties.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The whole main menu rocks!
                        "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                        --George Bernard Shaw
                        A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                        --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Sarxis
                          The music all around is great. Just got through to the modern era, and there's some nice tunes while playing.
                          When I hit Modern Era tonight, The People Are The Heroes Now was the first song from the era soundtrack to play. I had to crank up the volume. Awesome.
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

actually I am, but not if you bring up civ4...

just trying to get my post number up. that and voice my opinion that civ4 has become too simple... theres nothing to make me go "hmmm, I wonder what I should do here..." everything is automated. theres no art in the game. all the cute, neat little things that made the feel, has gone away...

Comment

The People Are The Heroes Now was the first song from the era soundtrack to play.
                              maybe I'm not getting the music properly. it stutters in the wonder vids. maybe things arent the way they're supposed to be for the regular music. though I'm pretty sure that medieval times music works... modern music seems to be mostly industrial noise to me...

Comment

Working...
                              X