City on top of resource?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City on top of resource?

What happens if you found a city on top of a resource? Do you get the resource a) now, b) never or c) once you get the tech you need to harvest it?

Re: City on top of resource?

Originally posted by Kekkonen
    What happens if you found a city on top of a resource? Do you get the resource a) now, b) never or c) once you get the tech you need to harvest it?
    It's a "b" - never.
    GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
    even mean anything?

Comment

I did not found a city on a resource, but it happened, that the game created oil directly in (or under) an existing city. This was very confortable for me, as I did not have to build a well and I must not guard it.
      In other words: The resource was immediately available.

Comment

You do get the resource, but you do not get the bonuses you would get for improving the tile if the city were not on top of it. Personally, I'd rather get the benefits of improving a resource tile rather than the quick access afforded by building a city on top of it.
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

So what's the answer? I see two conflicting relpies here.

Comment

Just try it and move your settler over the resource. If you get the "build city" icon, it will work.

If you can, your resource is available.

Nevertheless it is true, that you will loose some boni, as the poster Stuie wrote. So you'd rather build your city close to the resource tile.

Comment

Working...
            X