Problem w/ movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem w/ movies

I installed C4 yesterday and the 1st time i had it started I could access main menu, as well as start a new game. Which I did. With huge map size, because my friend told me the game is rather buggy, so i wanted 2 test my system limitations. But I never got 2 the point of actual gameplay because the game quit 2 desktop with no apparent message. Naturally, tried to restart the game, but this time after the beginning animation (which played slowly and laggy like the 1st time) the game reported that "movies aren't installed correctly". I tried reinstalling and the problem with movies not
    correctly installed persisted.

My system is Toshiba Satellite laptop 1410, Celeron 1.6 GHz, 256 Mb RAM, Nvidia 420 Go, fully updated. My binkw32.dll file is 1.6 (came w/ C4). Here are attached the logging files.

I would be very grateful if some1 could point out the way 2 fix the following problem.
    Attached Files

I'm having the same exact problem, does anyone know a solution to this?? I tried reinstalling, but still the same problem.

TIA

Comment

Well with 256mb of RAM you'll be lucky if you can play on a standard sized map I'm afraid.

Try uninstalling then removing anything to do with civ4 on your computer such as cache files and so on.
      C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\cache

Is the location of the cache files. Best to remove the profiles as well if they're still there after uninstall.
      Go get the latest version of Bink from radgames and the latest version of miles sound too.

There is a way to turn movies off in the config file.

Look for this:

; Set to 1 for no in-game movies
      NoMovies = 0

and change the 0 to 1.
      That might help.
      I used to be Darkknight.. many many moons ago. "CTP2 is almost out!!" time.

Comment

Working...
      X