No announcement yet.

Game automatically assigns my computer name as player name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was rather alarming when I demonstrated the game for my ladyfriend, and when she started the tutorial her name was Hot****.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

if u make a gamespy acct for multiplay it will use that name as ur default name instead of ur comp name
      =*=Kill Quick Live Long=*=

Comment

Even worse problem on PBEM now...

Three player game...Bob, Fred and Jim.

First turn, player 1 (Bob) plays and the three players down the side are listed as Bob, Fred and Jim.

Second turn, player 2 (Fred) plays and the three players down the side are listed as Fred, Fred and Jim!

And it stays like that from then onwards, so player 1 takes on player 2's name. Obviously very confusing! This is an annoying bug. Can anyone confirm this happening to them?

Comment

I too wish there was simply an option to default to the leader's name.
          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yeah the Alias works fine. I wish they would have use the old sav rather the new long one.

Will be have to rename them to load the here now?

Comment

Its even worse over my network as all the computers are labeled by their parts. My main computer's name is A64-3000 heh. I thought if I left the default with a random civ choice it would then default to that civ's leader name when I got in the game but nope.
              ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Working...
              X