Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What custom music u think suits best for civ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What custom music u think suits best for civ?

What kind of music you listen (trough Options/Audio Custom Music Folder) while playing?

so far nothing (so far I prefer in game music). I'd listen to classical and jazz. I don't have much on my hard drive though. I mainly listen to our 2 public radio stations for classical and jazz. They play an excellent selection of classical and jazz with no commercials.

Comment

I listen to winamp radio heard no comercials at any station (cept theyr own station advertisament).

Yeah and bout music, Oliver Shanti is working good for me.

Comment

house music!

hernan cattaneo generally. wally lopez when i go to war.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Arcana or the LOTR soundtracks. Sacking a city while Forth Eorlingas is playing is pretty awesome.

Comment

I see no reason to use custom music. The music they included in the game rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by khumak
              Seconded.

Except that the ancient era does not have music, and I slightly dislike the music in the classical era (too nervous for me, matter of taste). During these ages I have an MP3 player play the opening menu song. As soon as I get into the medieval era, I switch to in-game music.

Comment

Well, yes the Ancient Era does have music. It comes from your cities when you zoom in most of the way in~!
                Otherwise the further you get from your city or the more you zoom out, the sounds of the Wilds come back in. In fact the entire game of Civ IV has two musics going all the time -- the sounds of your cities, and when zooming out, the background music of the game!

Hopes that helps, otherwise I am using no other music yet than the game's sound, I like being out in the Wild!
                And of course -- Praying, I guess!

Other than that, perhaps motion movie music like E.T. or Star Wars or:

I wish I were an Oscar Mayer Weiner,
                That is what I truly want to be.
                For if I were an Oscar Mayer Weiner,

Well, perhaps not!

Comment

Try Anton Bruckner for the Industrial Era. Bruckner's 4th, for example, is great.
                  Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

I copied some of the music from Sid Meier's Pirates!

Comment

I hadn't thought about Pirates, glad you mentioned it.

What kind of music you listen (trough Options/Audio Custom Music Folder) while playing?
                      I 'm about to add Civ 3 Ancient era and Middle Ages, but also want to add Civ II as well. Someone borrowed my Civ II disk years ago, so I suppose I'll have to get another disk. Some great Ancient and Medieval music in Civ II.

My only complaint about Civ IV music is a bit too much Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart, Brahms, etc., but that's a nit. It's really great music.

The Medieval music was what I liked about Civ II/Civ III, some of the Gregorian chant music was cool too, but they do have some in Civ IV. Overall, Civ IV medieval music seems pretty good, just needs to be enhanced a bit. Civ II and Civ II were better.

I was looking in the music folders and there are five folders, Classical, Industrial, Medieval, Modern, and Renaissance. There is no folder called Ancient, but when I looked in the folder called Classical, I found ancient music files. So, I listened to thee music and it's what is played in the Ancient era, so I think it's simply misnamed. Unless they meant Classical Civ music, which is really Ancient era music.

So, how do I add this music? Should I go over to the CustomAsset folder and put it into the corresponding directories? Is there an .ini file for defining which music folder to use? Does it play in addition to the standard music files, or in place of them? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mace
                        Try Anton Bruckner for the Industrial Era. Bruckner's 4th, for example, is great.
                        Oh I'd go with the 8th if I'd go with any. Especially the third movement.

I third the in-game music as being terrific. I was thrilled to see John Adams' music being used, esp. the great Chairman Dances.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by khumak
                          Same here.

My current favourite is the arab music. Whenever Saladin is in my game, I check every 5 minutes if he has something to trade I am in awe of Saladin's music

As for the eras, I like the renaissance music the most.
                          "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                          --George Bernard Shaw
                          A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                          --Woody Allen

Comment

When I go to war with an ennemy and I severely outnumber them with superior numbers and technology I like to crank up my speakers and play the Evil empire song from Star Wars.

Hmmm sounds like fun, I think I'll go do that now...

Dum, Dum, Dum...

Comment

how do I use custom music? I'm thinking about leaving my music player running. Not sure how the game will run with that. I love the classical music. But right now I have Tool (third eye) playing, and don't want to turn that off to play civ4. . It's a good song. I think Tool goes well with civ4.

Comment

Working...
                              X