"Bread only" bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Bread only" bug

This is uncanny. I have an identical graphic problem on my desktop computer (Geforce4 MX 440) and my laptop (Geforce4 440 Go 64): After driver updates everything else is displayed correctly, except the resource icons. Every single square has two slices of bread in it, no coins nor hammers. Has anybody found a solution to this particular dilemma?

I suspect it might have something to do with the fact that I'm running the Finnish-language version of Windows XP on both computers.
    ---
    This is what I do on my free time:
    www.arkkikivi.net

Yeah, I'm getting this one as well.. but I have the English language version of XP. I got a GeForce4 Go 440, 32 MB VRam.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The same (or similar) problem was reported in this thread:

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      -- Kosh

Comment

It seems to be something to do with GeForce2/4mx cards. Hopefully the patch will address it

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Yeah, I'm getting this one as well.. but I have the English language version of XP. I got a GeForce4 Go 440, 32 MB VRam.
          I have the same card....are you able to see anything besides a blacked out background with units superimposed on top?
          signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Same 2 bread problem here. GeForce 420MX with latest drivers running on a U.S. XP system and SP2.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a patch fix.

Comment

Well, my bread and my hammers are displayed correctly. But I have always 2 infantrists and 2 workers, although they act as one.
              When I upgrade the infanterists to heavy infantry, it shows the correct infantry armour.

EDIT: Sorry, I guess, I missed something here. It seems to be an alternate display for units, which can be checked in options.
              Last edited by Imminence; November 7, 2005, 21:49.

Comment

Working...
              X