Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One tiny thing I've yet to figure out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One tiny thing I've yet to figure out...

I finally got the game working yesterday night after working hard at it for the better part of a day (I eventually had to use another computer to one I planned to use...) and so far the game seems OK, very different to previous ones though for better or worse? Its too early to tell and that is not at all related to my problem.

Anyway- How (or can you?) change production so that shields (I will never call them hammers!) from your prior production are transferred to the new?
    This has been possible in all previous civ games but I can't figure it out here. Anyone? It doesn't seem to be covered in the manual (or more likely it is VERY well hidden in the manual)
    Signatures are for people with free time

You can't. However if you return later, the hammers will still be there. If you take too long they will slowly disappear though.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The hammers you've already invested are turned into Gold (@50%, iirc) -- if you change production, you'll see that your Gold level has changed

But the new build starts from zero -- you can't be 90% of the way to a Forge, say, and suddenly switch to a Barracks if an enemy shows up, you just get some $$ and the Barracks starts building from the beginning

LvT

Comment

I can't say I've ever seen it go the way LvT describes. When I switch production, the production is still there when I switch back. I haven't noticed the fade alva describes either, but I've never had stuff with some production invested in it in the backburner for a long time.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

To clarify - if you are working on a Wonder that somebody else completes before you, then the production you've invested on that one is turned to gold when the other player completes the Wonder. If you're building anything else and change production, then the hammers you've invested on that remain invested to it until you start working on it again.
          The breakfast of champions is the opposition.

"A japaneze warrior once destroyed one of my modern armours.i nuked the warrior" -- philippe666

Comment

Hammers can't do that, maintaining production when switching projects is a trick only shields can manage. Sadly there are no shields in this game so you are out of luck.

-Drachasor
            "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

Working...
            X