How to get the AI to stop hating you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get the AI to stop hating you.

I'm on a medium sized island (or small continent, whatever) with me on the west end (with almost half the island), Issabella in the middle, and Munsur (or someone like that) on the east end.

Isse got uppity right from the get go and demanded gold. I said "No" and she has hated me ever since. Now she got to be quite large after a while and felt it not prudent to remain her worst enemy (besides I'm chasing religions and need all the other techs I can get).

So I offer her tribute. She accepts but nothing changes! She still has a -2 "You did not give us tribute" in her list of annoyances. I've tried to give her more gold. I've even given her free techs but she just doesn't care. Most, if not all of her trade options are red because she doesn't want to "trade that with her worst enemy".

Is there no way to make the AI like you again? When I get home I'm going to try and give her a city and see if she changes her minds about me then.

Tom P.

Isabella is one of the aggressive leaders - she will normally hate you sooner or later, and demand stuff from you. I think she is also big on religion, though, so if you adopt her religion and change to theocracy (I believe that's her favourite civic) she may like you more.
    The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
    - Frank Herbert

Comment

Also check if you are on good terms with her enemies. She won't like it if you have open borders or deals with a civ that she's at war with.

Comment

You can view her opinion towards other civs if you go to the foreign advisor screen > relations and then left-click on Isabella.
        You can also open conversation with her and then click "Let's discuss something else" and then "What do you think of.."

Comment

There are ways to make them like you more, but you can't simply try and buy their freedom. For stuff like that, you have to wait for them to come to you.

One thing you can do is make trade agreements with them. I often trade off my surplus resources for very little (3 gold/turn, for example) just to improve relationships. It won't happen right away, but if you trade long enough, that will make them like you.

If you're going religion, try to convert her to whatever your state religion is, that will help a lot.

As someone else mentioned, break off any agreements you have with Empires that she hates. Look at what Civics she is using, and switch to them yourself.

In the end, however, it might be better to just mass an army and deal with her the old fashioned way.

Bh

Comment

I have found it very, very, hard for Isabella to stop hating me when I play my games. It doesn't help that she is both aggressive and religious - starting with mysticism means that she will most likely have a different religion from you, as she would most likely research one of the two religious techs and found it. That is of course, if you are planning to found your own religion.

The only thing I can think of is convert to her religion and become a Theocracy.... Which seems kind of fitting, really.
            "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
            "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
            Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Depending on a number of AIs in game, there usual are 2 or 3 blocks that will hate each other. One is what I call a "warmonger block" - it usually includes Hereditary Rule or Police State fans, such as Genghis Khan, Montezuma, Louis XIV and Peter the Great. Sometimes Isabella joins them, although she favours Theocracy. The best way to get their sympathy I noticed is to have a strong army and to help them in wars when they need it. If you are weak, they will just come to you for free stuff and tribute and treat you like a pushoever.

The second group are the enlightened Builders, usually favouring Representation or Universal Suffrage - you will normally have Elisabeth, Washington, Frederick, Asoka or Catherine here. They are builders who hate (and are hated by) the Warmongers and usually will be happy to coexist with you - as long as occassionally you give them gifts etc.

Finally, there are the Traders - I have seen Mansa Musa, the Chinese (although Mao may hate Mansa Musa due to a state property vs. free market rivalry) and Saladin mostly there - they seem to like trade and usually are Cautious towards both other faction, but sometimes get pissed off by Warmongers.

Normally, I end up allying with the Builders, since they seem least likely to backstab you. Also, most of them are less caring about your religion (especially Elisabeth, who likes Freedom of Religion), whereas many Warmongers are fanatics (Isabella, Tokugawa or Montezuma, for example).
              The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
              - Frank Herbert

Comment

Working...
              X