Hows Civ4 stack up in your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hows Civ4 stack up in your opinion?

Hopefully my copy of civ 4 will be here this afternoon in the mail. But just a quck question: So far how do you think it stacks up to Civ3? Better? Worse? Just thesame with better graphics? I'm just looking for a few opnions until i can finally play it myself.
    "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

Big thumbs up imho. Fairly different from Civ3(it is still civ so a lot of stuff has to be the same) There's a few game mechanisms that are changed and some things seem strange, but they all improve the gameplay and balance.

Comment

So far I'm enjoying the game, but I haven't finished a game yet. Epic is really long!

Comment

It is a very good game, a big improvement over Civ3.

Comment

I'd give it 5 out of 5. I have finished 4-5 games... I just want to play one more turn
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I got it last week. I'd give it an A+.

I haven't been gaming much for several years. I did get Civ III, but it grew stale fairly fast. The level of addiction I've developed for Civ IV reminds me of that I had for Civ I.

Comment

Totally agree, it has a civ1 feel that is very welcoming.
              Despite the fact i had to go out and buy a new graphics card 256meg to really enjoy it and a few lock ups i get (hopefully fixed with a patch) it has brought back that one more turn feel that i had with civ1 and 2 IMHO

Comment

I didn't really get that with Civ 2 even. Civ I, on the other hand, made me miss early morning exams because I'd been playing until five in the morning.

Comment

Play it. It's awesome. A big improvement, for sure... Almost a new game.
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas
                  I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by Kekkonen
                    I didn't really get that with Civ 2 even. Civ I, on the other hand, made me miss early morning exams because I'd been playing until five in the morning.
                    I think it's a question of age - I know I wouldn't spend as much time playing any game these days as I did with Civ and Civ 2 - I have work and life now.
                    The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                    - Frank Herbert

Comment

..And wife, and kids, job, bills, girlfriend, boss...

Life sucks, Civ rules!

RIAA sucks
                      The Optimistas
                      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Thank god I don't have to worry about those "wife and kids" annoyances you mention.
                        The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                        - Frank Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by Martinus

I think it's a question of age - I know I wouldn't spend as much time playing any game these days as I did with Civ and Civ 2 - I have work and life now.
                          Oh, sure. I could skip classes when I was a student at my university, but now that I teach them, it's a lot trickier.

Still, Civ IV has grabbed me in ways Civ III and II never did. With my wife out of town on Saturday, our cats had to go into the "furious" territory to get their supper. Usual feeding time is at the lower end of "cautious" but clearly before "annoyed".

Comment

Originally posted by Aro
                            ..And wife, and kids, job, bills, girlfriend, boss...

Life sucks, Civ rules!

Wife & Girlfriend? You really don't have any time, do you?

Comment

Unsure as of yet. It is definatly very different to the previous ones though for better or worse? I don't know.
                              They definatly seem to have simplified it quite a bit, I am still in the early game and things may change though it seems very simplistic indeed with very little to do.

I can see it could become addictive though, it was creeping into my mind during lectures...And I'm working on 'extra curricular pursuits' which it could seriously muck up too....
                              Signatures are for people with free time

Comment

Working...
                              X