withdrawal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• withdrawal

has anyone had a unit withdraw from a losing combat?

Ive even unpgraded modern units to have the trait, but I've never seen a unit do this? Is this just a known bug or something?
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Stop playing Civ; then you'll go into withdrawal.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I've seen it on both sides, my units withdrawing and AI units withdrawing.

Not all units have the ability to withdraw and usuaklly it's pretty low, like 10-25% so you won't see it much. Upgrades are only 10% withdrawal per upgrade so iyou'll need to lose a lot of units to actually see it.

Comment

I've played quite a few games by now. Would really think I'd have seen it by now.
        By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Withdrawl only works when you are attacking because it is an aspect of "flanking".

I've seen it happen all the time, especially when I play as Persia and use Immortals.
          I keep a record of all my civ games here.

aÅ¡tassi kammu naklu Å¡a Å¡umeri ṣullulu akkadû ana Å¡utēÅ¡uri aÅ¡ṭu
          "I am able to read texts so sophisticated that the Sumerian is obscure and the Akkadian hard to explain" (King Assurbanipal of Assyria 7th century BC)

Comment

It only works if you are the attacker.
            In one game when behind in tech, i promoted all units with the withdrawal promotion. I really loved it. I had to attack each unit several times, because it was far better than my own units. But most of the time i would win without loosing a single unit: my cavalry just left combat shortly before it would go down.

Comment

Working...
            X