Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

conquer neighbor -> boom -> space race vic -> repeat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conquer neighbor -> boom -> space race vic -> repeat?

I guess I've had this problem with just about every TBS game I've played, CIV, MOO, MOO2, CIV3 (never played 2 ), and now CIV4. I basically build up a little bit, make a decent army, take out my nearest neighbor, then boom for the rest of the game and get a cultural/diplomatic/space race/defeat antarans/whatever victory.

I can never get myself to have sustained combat to try to win by domination/conquest. It seems like the combat goes so slow in CIV4/3, that it can take 10+ turns to capture each city. And all the while all my competitor countries are just booming ahead. So by the time I conquer my first neighbor, I am too far behind to make war with any other country and just boom the rest of the game, or maybe until late modern age.

Actually, now that I think about it, I can remember not having this problem with MOO1 and CIV1, for whatever reason. Maybe those games were faster paced and geared more towards combat. But the more modern games, MOO2, CIV3/4, are like this for me. I can't resist the urge to boom! Help me!

That's a good thing. In Civ3, 2 ,1. It was really easy to win by Domination!!! (for me)

Read the strategy forum at Apolyton.
    bleh

Comment

Working...
    X