Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game woun´t start

Hi...

After severel installs the game still woun´t start.

No Error prompt or anything... It seems to be loading for a second or two, but then doesn´t proceed ?!

Any ideas or suggestions ?

Specs: Pentium 4 - 2,4Ghz - 1gb ram - Asus Ax800 Pro with 256mb

I don't have any suggestions, just co-miseration. I have a totally different setup than you do, but mine still behaves that way. When it does run, it sends the entire computer into a coma soon afterward.

Comment

Hmmm - Well, guess it´s nice that others have this problem to anyway :-/

Guess that gives me/us better us for a fix one day..

/Seb

Comment

Hi John.

Just wanted to say, that problem are solved. I called the tech support (who were VERY friendly and constructive in trying to help), and it actually worked !!

It seems that there something corrupting the game from starting in the current userid, so they suggested I added a new user in XP on a "test" account with admin rights which I did - and VIOLA: The game startet without any problems.

Maybe this will work for you !? Otherwise I can recommend trying Tech Support (UK, in my case) a go. Good people there !!

Comment

Originally posted by george_ambush
          Hi John.

Just wanted to say, that problem are solved. I called the tech support (who were VERY friendly and constructive in trying to help), and it actually worked !!

It seems that there something corrupting the game from starting in the current userid, so they suggested I added a new user in XP on a "test" account with admin rights which I did - and VIOLA: The game startet without any problems.

Maybe this will work for you !? Otherwise I can recommend trying Tech Support (UK, in my case) a go. Good people there !!
          Wow! they responded to you!

Do I do this with the game installed or make the new user and then install?

Comment

Well I used the oldfasioned "telephone" to get in touch with them and yes - they picked up the phone in their end ;-)

If you create a new user the came will already have a shortcut on the desktop if you didn´t uncheck the "install on all users", when you installed the game

Comment

Thanks.

So far it hasn't helped, but I've got security issues on my machine that seem to be blocking it....I'll try to find a way around them.

Comment

I have the same problem with starting. My PC is a Pentium 4 2.66 with 512 Mb of Memory and a Geforce 4 MX 420 (64 Mb) which ought to be adequate. I'll have to try an uninstall.

I had problems installing the game as well, in that it intiially tried to start my Epson Scanner. Second attempt )runniong Setup.exe) gave up half-way when it lost the drive. I did install it OK finally. I have the DVD version. One worrying thing was the fact that there was no CivilizationIV.ini file in existence. Is this normal I wonder...

Comment

Working...
                X