AI Riots...now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI Riots...now what?

On the 3rd setting (Warlord???), apparently I had so much culture going that I was able to get two AI border cities (size 5 and size 3) to join my civ. Seemed to work a lot better than Civ3's way as you can see what percentage the civ controls the plot (30% Aztec). 1 of those rioted and joined, the bigger one rioted twice and I used a culture bomb to grab it.
    But, I had a size 1 city that the same AI grabbed while I was trying to walk a defender into it. (I guess the AI gets mad and declares war if you're sucking up his cities). This city rioted (with the angry fist) at least eight separate times, some riots lasted four turns. Well what do I do now that they're rioting? It stayed at size 1 for the rest of the game, I controlled seven of the eight squares immediately surrounding it, it was 11%-32% AI civ for years and only four tiles west from my Legendary status capital. I even dropped another culture bomb in one of the captured cities that made six tiles flip to me...but not this city.

What do the riots do and how do I use them to my advantage? How do I encourage a flip, other than slowly building up my music notes culture rating?

Oh and I lost the stupid game in 2046, when my best buddy Mao launched the spaceship. The UN vote comes up, I'm ready to vote and I feel I'll win...then boomph, Mao wins. Nice to know Mao has hyperspace. Fun game though.
    BTW, the game shouldn't even pop up the vote screen if its decided that Mao has already won.
    Last edited by AoA; November 6, 2005, 15:08.
    .......shhhhhh......I'm lurking.......proud to have been stuck at settler for six years.......

You cannot take back cities that were conquered through military with Culture.
    asdasd

Comment

Okay, I guess that answers it. You would think my 'loyal' subjects would rise up and overthrow their oppressors, especially since my borders were surrounding the city.

Any ideas on taking advantage of riots in other cities?
      .......shhhhhh......I'm lurking.......proud to have been stuck at settler for six years.......

Comment

There is a setting in custom games that lets you do this, however.
        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
        "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
        Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

What is a "culture bomb" ?
          I have thus far found it impossible to take over citys by culture, even when I completely encompass the enemy city. (And it hasn't been taken by military force before)

Comment

You use up a Great Artist to give an instant increase in city culture. Don't know if its standardized, but my last one gave like 2600 or 2800 culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiavelo
              For some reason I thought that that was an option you had to turn on, not one which was on by default.

Comment

the effect of the Cultural Bomb (Great Art Work) increases each time you use it. My last CB gave 6000 cultural points to the city.

Comment

Originally posted by Byelotsar

For some reason I thought that that was an option you had to turn on, not one which was on by default.
                  Originally posted by Bill3000

There is a setting in custom games that lets you do this, however.
                  Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

I guess it only makes sense to have this set as it is by default. I mean, unless having armed troops at least factors in, how the heck would you ever hold a conquered city in a well established empire?

Comment

Working...
                    X