Cancelling trade deals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelling trade deals?

Not sure if this has been posted, but can you cancel deals? The AI can come to me and cancel deals all the time, but I don't see any way for me to do so in the diplomacy screen.

In my previous game, I had several deals with the Incas, but they were the hated enemy of Rome, my closest friend. I needed Rome's help in a war, but they didn't like me quite enough, and part of the problem was my trade with the Incas. So I wanted to cancel my deals with the Incas and thereby improve my standing with Rome enough to get them to help me.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

On the F4 screen, switch to 'Active'. You can cancel deals by right-clicking on them (at least, I'm pretty sure it's right-clicking).

Bh

Comment

F4, select active and you can click to cancel and deals.

Comment

Thanks!

Why can't we do this in the diplomacy screen???
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Umm.. My guess is short sightedness or oversight as it's not very intuitive in my opinion. Anyway, maybe a future patch will fix this very minor issue.

Comment

You can do it from the diplomacy screen. Just ask the other leader what current deals you have and they will display at the bottom of the lists. Then just click the item you want to not trade anymore and click that you are sure you want to cancel.

Comment

Originally posted by Strudo
              You can do it from the diplomacy screen. Just ask the other leader what current deals you have and they will display at the bottom of the lists. Then just click the item you want to not trade anymore and click that you are sure you want to cancel.
              I tried that, it didn't work, which is why I posted the thread. When I went to the screen for current deals with the Incas, there was nothing there. But I could hover over the leaderhead and get the pop-up telling me all the deals I had (resource trades, gold for resources, etc.).
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Hmmm, maybe we are talking about different screens because I just did it then. In my example on the right of the screen I see the the first title "YOU HAVE" then down at the bottom of that list I have "YOU OFFER", which is where my current deals are listed. I click one of those and it prompts if I want to cancel.

Comment

Is it true you can trade away your only resource? It appears this way. Like a dumbass I traded away my oil. I didn't need it at the time, I figured it would come back in 20 turns (like civ3). But it never came back. . I didn't need it anyways. I avoid modern wars anyways, because if I don't, I'll lose the space race.

Comment

Originally posted by Strudo
                    Hmmm, maybe we are talking about different screens because I just did it then. In my example on the right of the screen I see the the first title "YOU HAVE" then down at the bottom of that list I have "YOU OFFER", which is where my current deals are listed. I click one of those and it prompts if I want to cancel.
                    Nope, that's exactly the screen. Perhaps there are some conditions that prevent trade deal cancellation?
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

After you make a deals you can't cancel the actual deal right away... I think you have to wait some turns before cancelling the trade. It what i've seen in my games so far.

see ya

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Nope, that's exactly the screen. Perhaps there are some conditions that prevent trade deal cancellation?
                      bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Can't cancel within ten turns, except by war.

If you aren't seeing your deals in the current deals screen you have found a bug.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

also, you have to click the item to cancel on your side of the diplo screen, clicking on his side won't do anything.

Comment

Working...
                          X