Keep track of resources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep track of resources?

How do you all manage your resources when trading? I've been trying to keep a mental "notes" of what not to trade because I only have one resource of its kind, but my mental capacities as of late have been failing.

I wish there was a trade advisor that popped up during trade negotions saying how much of a resource you have, how much you are using, and the importance of that resource.

For example, trading movies: the advisor would pop up saying I have three movies left for trade, I'm using two as happiness, so its OK to trade one. Or fish for cow trades, my advisor should tell me I only have one resource of cow, so trading it would be bad....

How do you all keep track of what you have?

Well you do not have to track how many you have as you will only trade the spares.

You only want to consider what the deal is and whom you are dealing with. IOW I do not want to give marble to anyone or stone. I may not want to make a resource for resource deal, if I want to not help that civ.

Maybe I am not in need of another lux right now and I like to not give them a hand. Or maybe I am about to attack them and the trade would stop any how.

Comment

Are you sure you can only trade spares? Because I traded iron on one of my first games and was unable to build new military units that were available after I traded.

But that whole proces of whom to trade with and what not: I wish there were advisors, like foreign available so I don't trade with an enemy of everybody else. The AI is constantly declaring war on each other, and it almost impossible to keep track of who is the warmongers and who are the pacifists at the moment.

I try to stick with one or two different civs and maintain great relations with them, but every once in awhile I do something to anger them unknowingly, usually by a bad trade.

Comment

There is a foreign advisor, hotkey is F4. It shows you the current relations everyone has with each other, other tab is resources that others will trade to you and resources you can trade to others, next tab is for techs, and the last tab is the deals that are currently active.

I think whenever an AI asks you for a trade, they are asking for something you have an extra of. But when you initiate a trade or ask to negotiate, all resources are listed, even those you only have one of, so be careful.

Comment

That is what I was saying. You can traded your last one, but when they come calling they are asking for a spare. You only use one for yourself the rest are spares, until traded.

Comment

I just played a game, and only had one cow, and they asked for it. When I traded it, I lost my health bonus in my city.

Also, I noticed something odd, they will ask to trade for stuff like hit movies with an "outdated" resource. I can't remember what tech they are, but they make fur and ivory outdated. The AI loves to attempt to trade with those luxs after I have the techs that make them obselete.

The bad thing is, I take a hit for not trading, and also I lose points in my score for imports/exports.

I think the AI is quite abusive with the trading scheme.

Comment

Yes it is a bit one sided. Asking for gifts, but not giving any, while hold techs as no trade items.

Comment

Originally posted by Saldrin
                Also, I noticed something odd, they will ask to trade for stuff like hit movies with an "outdated" resource. I can't remember what tech they are, but they make fur and ivory outdated. The AI loves to attempt to trade with those luxs after I have the techs that make them obselete.
                This I've noticed too, and it must be classified as a blatant bug. I do NOT want to trade for the Ivory I had until my recently researched tech made it obsolete

Comment

I didn't think anything took away the +1 happiness gain you get from Ivory or Fur from the Market (I think it's the market).

Comment

I took over a city that had a fur resource after I had the tech that made it obselete, and it never even showed up in my city as a resource or in my foreign advisor screen as a resource. I also tried to trade my ivory after the same fact, it it was untradable for me.

So, I am assuming that once its made obselete by tech, you can't gain anything from it. And I feel that the AI attempting to trade it for a viable resource is a bug. Or they are just trying to rip me off....In which case would be kind of sneaky but cool AI programming.

Comment

Could it be that the AI didn't have the tech that made the resource obsolete? Maybe the primitive AI civ still values ivory or fur and can't understand why your, more advanced, civ doesn't want it.

Comment

I find that when the AI asks to make a trade I don't care for I just choose to negotiate and find something they have that I would like to trade. If they don't have anything I want then I just give them 10 gold as a gift so that they don't feel any negativity from my not going along with their original request.

Comment

I'd like to see some civics obsolete different trade resources, a monarchy never tires of fur!

etc.
                          www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Working...
                          X