Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Game Music

Hello Everyone,

Generally the game runs fine for me, but I dont seem to have any music in-game. There are sound-effects, but no music.

Please could someone confirm for me if their ought to be music or not?

If so, does anyone have any suggestions why I might not be hearing it?

The theme tune plays fine on the menu (which I love!).

I have confirmed that the 'music' volume slider is all the way up, and that the mute control is not checked.

The music files seem to be present in C:\Games\Civilization 4\Assets\Sounds\Soundtrack\*, and are playable through my media player.

My sound is VIA intergrated with reasonably up-to-date drivers.

There were no errors or obvious problems of any other sort reported during installation, or when loading the game. I am affected by the sturring video problem but I dont expect this is related, and so I will look at this seperately.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Andy

Are you in the Ancient Age? The Ancient Age has no music - music starts in the Classical Age (which starts when you first research a Classical-Age tech.)

Try zooming in on one of your cities - do you hear music then? What about when you contact other civilizations - there should be music there too.
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Hi Bill,

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes im in the ancient age. It all makes sense now, I just havnt played for long enough to reach the classical age.

Thanks, Andy

Comment

Working...
      X