No announcement yet.

Is there an Omega Driver for the 320M?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an Omega Driver for the 320M?

Heres an interesting question that has jumped into my head since my last thread I started (http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=142221) The thing is: I have a ATI Radeon 320M graphics card and before knowing that I downloaded and setup the Omega Driver v.2.6.75a and hoped it would help run Civ4. I later found out I had a 320M... and now my video capabilites on my laptop are hindered (video freezes while audio continues) and I wonder if its the problem of me downloading the wrong Omega Driver. So: did I download the wrong driver? If so is there a driver for the 320M at all?

Thank you for your help...
    Siga El Conejo Blanco
    Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
    | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Since I don't have a laptop, I can't say for certain, but it doesn't look like it. This is from the OmegaDrivers.net site:
    The Omega Drivers are compatible with all ATI Radeon cards:
    (it doesn't matter if they are DDR, SDR, PCI, PCI-E, AGP, Mobile, Retail, OEM or 3rd Party)

Radeon All In Wonder
    Radeon 7x00/VE/LE
    Radeon 8500/LE
    Radeon 9x00/SE/Pro/XT/TX
    Radeon xX00/SE/Pro/XT/PE
    All Mobility Radeons (M6 and up)
    The last line reading M6 and up makes me think that they might not work for an M320.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Quillan
      Since I don't have a laptop, I can't say for certain, but it doesn't look like it. This is from the OmegaDrivers.net site:

The last line reading M6 and up makes me think that they might not work for an M320.
      Thank you kindly. I really do appreciate it. I looked long and hard at both ATI and Omega's websites and couldnt find the North or South of them... I will reinstall my former drivers then... perhaps that is the problem. I will update this thread however. Thank you.
      Siga El Conejo Blanco
      | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

If it's a Radeon, it should work with the Omega drivers. The M320 is a sorta lightweight chip, but I don't think that should keep it from working with them.

Comment

Well.. I uninstalled the Omega Drivers and lo-and-behold my video problems evaporate. So I guess I must has either downloaded the wrong drivers or installed them wrong. Either way, with a 320M I am told I can't play Civ4 anyway but I just wanted my old computer back. Thanks a lot guys for your help, everything is back to normal. Too bad I can't bask in the Civ4ness tho...
          Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

Working...
          X