Is there anyone sure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anyone sure?

After reviewing some questions and answering some questions involving Civilization IV:

Is there anyone out there that is unsure that they came from this real-world Civilization that is happening on this Planet?

I think some players seem to be -- from out of this world, or at least from another Civilization from somewhere -- unknown?

Are you from this Civilization?
    Is your head buried in the Annals of History and from somewhere else?

Are you sure that you exist?

Having fun playing Civilization IV?
    or do you want someone to hold your hand?
    or will you make it if you buy the game and play it?

Are you sure that you will win the computer game?
    Are their lessons needed or course classes needed to play this game?

If you are given homework while playing this game, will it involve questions that involve the computer game?

These and many more questions seem at least to be on some of the players that have bought the game, and if not on their minds, perhaps it is on mine, and I do wonder:

How do you feel today?

I assume you're referring to how ridiculous some of the questions are on the forums the last few days...
    I'd have to agree with you, people post whatever is on their minds, but if they didn't do that we wouldn't have much of a forum now would we...

Comment

I am not necessarily talking about this forum but at Gamespot there were several threads all about how the game did not work again with ATI cards. Also there are other threads about what to do about the problem, so yes, some of the questions are getting redundant, as if the player expects the game to play its self again as in Civ II, or they just are out there somewhere else with whatever they are trying to accomplish!

It does rather seem that the game of Civ IV is more intelligent then rather the reverse -- or all the negativity about the game is just getting old and boring, I guess!

It is rather like they have never seen a computer game before, perhaps!

Comment

There does seem to be a very high number of new posters who may be new to boards/Civ/computer games or just young (er). Maybe they just need time to be more aware of conventions ? Most of the time i think i should be more positive about them rather than shouting things like 'RTFM' at my monitor especially as i may have been thinking exactly the same question

The post that do annoy me are ones that say hey look at the spec of my cutting edge PC for no reason but that's because i have to work for a living and the last PC my parents bought me was a 48k Spectrum

Comment

Working...
        X